As the Sun Rose

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Light of Love


I love my husband, my children, their spouses, and my grandchildren so much it almost hurts. The only thing I want is to be with them forever and ever. I can't imagine life without them. Why does it feel like a hurt sometimes? What do I have to do to ensure an eternal family? How can I share that with my family?


I Read DC 88. I learned, laws are gifts to teach us to be like God. As we live each law or commandment we become more like Him. It is through keeping the laws that we are sanctified and redeemed.


God is love. As we learn to love God and become more like Him our capacity to love grows. Elder Eyring said in Ensign NOv 1996: The fruit of keeping covenants is the companionship of the Holy Ghost and an increase in the power to love."


We have to love God more then our spouse, children or grandchildren. As we do we will come closer and closer to the longed for Godlike attribute of eternal families.

So, what is it that I must do now?

Ask yourself this question, How do I qualify more fully for the Holy Ghost to guide me and help me know what I must do? Or some similar question. Then start reading the scriptures, in what ever way you need to. The answer will come. Mine came like this. I decided to just keep reading the D&C as usual, with my study guide. I read section 93 vs 1 says...every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name and obeyeth my voice, and keepth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am." Wow great promise, but lots to do. What again do I need more specifically in my life? So the section goes on and tells me what the Savior is, and what is light and truth and then....93:48 Your family must needs repent and forsake some things, and give more earnest heed unto your sayings (the prophets), or be removed out of their place. .....Pray always lest that wicked one have power in you, and remove you out of your place." Pray, for me, is where I need to draw closer to Him. My prayers have got to be able to draw the spirit in to me. My prayers have got to be more exact. I was then reminded of Elder Eyrings article in the Aug 2009 Ensign "That He May Write upon Our Hearts." So I read, and again Prayer is the answer. Personal prayer, and when we are together we must not let a day go by with out family prayer.

No comments:

LIght of my Life

Everyone of us is born with a light, "that lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9. You can see it in our little new born babies that have just recently joined the family. They glow from having just been in God’s presence. The love that flows from them to us, is a message sent from Him above; a brief reminder of what we also once knew and felt.
Light feels good, dispels darkness, and forsakes the evil one. It opens our minds and hearts more and more to who we are and what we can become.24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. D&C 50: 2467 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things. D&C 88: 67
Since this light comes from Christ, it is through contact with Him that we receive more of it. HOW? The price to be paid is quiet, focused, concentrated TIME.

They Light Up My Life

Light of Prayer

Light of Prayer
The bible dictionary states: "As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, that God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instrinctive on our part (Matt 7:7=11). many of the so called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father, and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with eadh other. The object of prayer is not to chagne the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blesings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessing require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings. "

Child's prayer

Child's prayer

Prayer

The Lord hears and answers prayers from all who are willing to ask with humble hearts.

Prayer for Freedom

Prayer for Freedom

Freedom

36 Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle. Alma 60:36

16 And therefore, at this time, Moroni prayed that the cause of the Christians, and the freedom of the land might be favored.Alma 46:16




Prayer for truth

Prayer for truth

Prayer for the world

Prayer for the world